Friday 8 August 2014

Half way there and living in the air...

 So here she is, safe and sound in Dallas. I was hoping to get a photo of her riding the carousel, but the helpful man was so attracted by the bright yellow bag that he lifted her off  before I got there. 
Great trip so far. Massive line at customs in Sydney, so they were kind enough to fast track me so that I didn't keep the plane waiting any longer. It also included a moment of fame when my name was being announced over the speaker through the international terminal to get my arse into gear and get on the plane. It meant that I was THAT guy! but hey, there's always a price to fame. To add further awesomeness, I had an entertainment system that didn't work, so I got upgraded to premium economy!! Score! It's amazing what the lengths these QANTAS people will go to just to make me feel special. Then as fortune would have it, I stepped into the lift at the airport lounge with a lovely couple who had drink vouchers that were looking for a home...The only right thing to do was to help these people and their drink vouchers out. I guess that's why they call me Helpful Pete.
Observations from the customs line... Everyday when people walk out the door, they choose how they want to world to see them. Intriguing how some people want the world to see them....

No comments:

Post a Comment