Thursday 7 August 2014

Leaving on a jetplane...

   Planning? what planning? Surely that is for other people. Ok, so perhaps not completely unplanned. You have to have ESTAs and plane tickets and even an address of where you intend to end up in order to go to Canada and the US, but hey, beyond that, what else do you need?
Equipped with a reason to go, well an official reason, such as the International Running Symposium in Calgary, and then an ENHANCE Running seminar in Denver I'm ready for some adventure in between. 
The airport on your way out of town seems like an appropriate time and place to book accommodation for when you land at 11:30pm, and so it was done. Also achieved in this wonderful window of time was a new "I'm out of the country" message for my message bank. At least if I keep changing them, it perpetuates the myth that I'm always abroad. Out of office replies set on the e-mail accounts, and banks notified to allow me to rack up some bills in another country. Quite a productive morning really.Oh yeah, and I managed to fit a couple of patients in this morning too.
Pictured above is my trusty inflatable friend. I don't have a name for her because I generally don't name inanimate objects, but figure if it is to be my companion for the next couple of weeks and it is inflatable, I'm more comfortable if it is a she.... Hmmm, not sure that that came out right, but hey, all part of the adventure.
Flight called, I best be off!

No comments:

Post a Comment