Friday 22 August 2014

Let the river run...

White water SUPing... what a blast.

An early start, leaving the hotel at 0630, which proved to be the perfect amount of time for my GPS to send me to the wrong place and still find the right place eventually up along the Colorado River.
As fortune would have it, I was able to extend my single run booking into a double run and had a ball. There was some falling, some getting wet and a whole heap of fun. Also good that I was in a small group of 3 people. It would appear that I'm not quite ready to take on any sort of white water craziness, but am a lot happier with the grade 1 and 2 rapids. Certainly one of my SUPing highlights of the trip.



Lessons learnt:
1. Rocks are hard
2. Watching other people fall in is fun.
3. Bend your knees!!!

Taking in the Golden City Brewery on the way back to Denver, I managed to get another day of SUPing and Brewery testing done. The out @ 2nd beer the best that the USA has been able offer up, but quite an offering.
Just a short one for today as it was a thoroughly enjoyable yet a long day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment